Last Updated: Aug 20, 2012
- Confidential Print (British): Middle East (1812-1969)
Full-text British primary documents on Middle Eastern history from 1812-1969, including Afghanistan, Egypt, Sudan, Persia, Suez Canal, Turkey, Jordan, Arabia, Iraq, Lebanon, Israel, Palestine, and Syria.
- Democracy in Turkey, 1950-1959: Records of the U.S. State Dept. Classified Files
U.S. State Department documents on the political, economic and social development of Turkey during the 1950s.
- Digital National Security Archive
Contains the full text more than 35,000 declassified documents involving U.S. foreign and military policy since 1945, covering, among others, Afghanistan, Iran-Contra Affair, Iran Revolution.
- Foreign Broadcast Information Service (FBIS) Daily Reports 1949-1996
FBIS Daily Reports (1949-1996) are English translations of foreign media reports on historical events from thousands of monitored broadcasts and publications and include news, interviews, speeches and editorial commentary. Extensive coverage of the Middle East.
- Foreign Office Files for India, Pakistan and Afghanistan
Foreign Office Files for India, Pakistan and Afghanistan from 1947-1980.
- House of Commons Parliamentary Papers
Full-text of U.K. House of Commons Sessional Papers for 18th-20th centuries.
- Intergovernmental Committee on Refugees: The West’s Response to Jewish Emigration
Full-text of the records of the Intergovernmental Committee on Refugees, 1938-1947.
- Middle East Online. Series 1: Arab-Israeli Relations 1917-1970
Wide range of primary source material from the Foreign Office, Colonial Office, War Office and Cabinet Papers from the 1917 Balfour Declaration through to the Black September war of 1970-1.
- Middle East Online. Series 2: Iraq, 1914-1974
Wide range of primary source material from the Foreign Office, Colonial Office, War Office and Cabinet Papers covering the period from the Anglo-Indian landing in Basra in 1914 through the British Mandate in Iraq of 1920-32 to the rise of Saddam Hussein in 1974.
- Official Documents System of the United Nations (UN ODS)
Full text of all UN documents, including resolutions and decisions, issued at UN Headquarters in New York and the UN Office at Geneva since 1993, with selected earlier coverage.
- U.S. and Iraqi Relations: U.S. Technical Aid, 1950-1958
Documentation of the efforts of the U.S. Operations Mission (USOM) in Iraq, 1950-1958.
- World News Connection (for FBIS/JPRS), 2003-
Translated news and broadcasts (2003-) from non-United States media sources covering political, environmental, scientific, technical, and socioeconomic issues and events.