Last Updated: Feb 9, 2015
- China Data Online (Chinese & English)
Includes the economic statistics of China, arranged by regions and categories; monthly and yearly reports on China’s macroeconomic development; statistical databases about China’s population and economy at the county and city level; and financial indicators of more than 568 industrial branches.
- China Statistical Yearbooks Full-text Database (Chinese & English) 统计年鉴数据库
There are 630 titles, 3606 volumes of statistical yearbooks and 1353370 entries (including 940371 statistical charts) in the database.
- China Geo-Explorer
Offers China demographic and economic data, maps, charts and reports in the web-based delivery system
- Shen Bao 申報 1872-1949
Shanghai-based Shen Bao (Shun Pao) was the longest-lasting newspaper in modern China. It was founded in 1872 and was closed 1949.
- The Chinese recorder and the Protestant missionary community in China, 1867-1941
In 1867, the Protestant missionaries began the Missionary Recorder at the Methodist Press in Foochow, it stopped & resumed publications & changed names several times until it ceased in 1941.
- Ren min ri bao = People's Daily (Chinese) 1946-today 人民日报
Full text and original image of this daily newspaper. Keywords searchable includes title, author, full text, section, page, column., etc.
- Beijing Review 1958-2007 北京周报（英文版）
China's only national newsmagazine in English. It is launched in 1958 and published every week in Beijing.
- WiseSearch 慧科搜索 (Chinese, interface can be in English)
A large number of other top-tier newspapers, magazines, newswires, TV and radio broadcasts of Mainland, Taiwan and some Asia Pacific countries and all 18 Chinese and English newspapers of Hong Kong. Daily updates.
- Current digest of the Chinese press (English)
A digestible collection of articles from key Chinese newspapers from a wide variety of sources in China, translated into English.
- China: Culture and Society 1750-1929 : the Wason Pamphlet Collection, Cornell University
Rare pamphlets collection on East Asia plus secondary resources like essays, an interactive chronology and mini guides.
- Foreign Office Files for China, 1919-1980 (English)
From the National Archives, Kew of Britain; full text files adressing developments in China and assessing US, Soviet, British, European and Commonwealth relations with China (including Hong Kong and Taiwan), from 1949 onwards.
- China: Trade, Politics and Culture, 1793-1980 (English)
Original source materials on the activities and observations of British and American diplomats, missionaries, business people and tourists in China, plus rare periodicals, color paintings, maps, photographs and drawings.
- The Amerasia affair, China, and postwar anti-communist fervor
This collection presents documents from 1945-1973. The Amerasia Affair was the first of the great spy cases of the postwar era. The Amerasia Affair sheds light not only on debate as to who "lost" China, Soviet espionage, McCarthyism, and the loyalty program, but also on the bureaucratic intricacies of anti-communism in Washington.
- Political, economic, and military conditions in China : reports and correspondence of the U.S. Military Intelligence Division, 1918-1941
This collection reproduces the six principal MID files relating exclusively to China for the period 1918 to 1941 (general conditions, political conditions, economic conditions, army, navy, and aeronautics)
- Tiananmen Square and U.S.-China relations, 1989-1993
covers U.S.-China relations in the post-Cold War Era, and analyzes the significance of the 1989 Tiananmen Square demonstrations, China's human rights issues, and resumption of World Bank loans to China in July 1990
- China Law Info 北大法宝
Laws and regulations from Mainland of China, many with English translations; also cases and legal journals articles. one concurrent user.
- The Chinese Political Campaign in the 1950s (1949-1956) 中国政治运动数据库
From land reform to the State-Private partnership
- Chinese anti-rightest campaign database, 1957 反右运动数据库 (Chinese, index in English)
Orignial government documents, directives, bulletins,
speeches by Mao Zedong and other officials, editorials of major Chinese newspapers and magazines, articles written by the “rightists", articles published to denunciate the “rightists”, etc.
- Chinese Cultural Revolution Database (Chinese, index in English) 文化大革命数据库
An archive of Cultural Revolution-related historical materials. The materials are indexed in both English and Chinese.
- Chinese Filmscript and Advertisement Collection, 1946-1985 (Chinese) 电影宣传资料
A collection of film advertisements and transcripts of Chinese films and newsreels. Here's a film title index
- Digital archive of Chinese Buddhist temple gazetteers 中國佛教寺廟志數位典藏
237 gazetteers were digitized and are distributed on this website. Of these 13 gazetteers were digitized as full-text archives.
- Local Gazetteers 新方志
Over 20,000 volumes of Chinese chorographic books, covering 31 provinces and autonomous regions, providing detailed geographic and historical records of provinces, prefectures, cities, and smaller district administration units.
- National Library of China's digitized collections on Minguo publications (Chinese) 中国国家数字图书馆
- Si Ku Quan Shu (use Internet Explorer only) (Chinese, traditional) 文淵閣四庫全書
This online version of the Wenyuange Edition includes 3,460 works with a total of more than 36,000 volumes and allows full-text retrieval and full-image browsing.
- Sidney D. Gamble Photographs (English & Chinese) 甘博照片数据库
About 5000 photographs, primarily of China, 1917-1932.